Skip to main content

The Start of Winter Break

Hello again to yet another long overdue post that I am half sorry, half not sorry for because I have just been enjoying being a college student. Devouring experiences, improving my French, meeting new people, and working at a restaurant that I love everything about have all cumulatively made these last 3 months extremely rich, fulfilling, and productive.
I am slightly hungover but very much into the Holiday spirit after a Christmas party last night at one of my friend's universities here in France to celebrate the start of winter break (finally!). I cannot believe first semester is almost coming to a close - Time just keeps pushing me forward through my exchange program without ever slowing down when I just want to enjoy the city. I dread the moment I will have to start counting down to my departure. All in all, I would just like to give 2014 Ayu a nice pat on the back for deciding to study abroad. The picture below is actually a shopping mall next to Paris' city hall.
(It's really devastating how little photos I have of Paris because it's really festive and gorgeous right now...I need to learn to not just walk past amazing photo ops)


Associating studying with winter break, or any kind of break from school, makes me sound like quite the dedicated student but I'm going to allow myself to put that aside for just a week because I am going on a trip to Germany with the one and only Chloe, who happens to be one of the few friends studying abroad in Europe amongst the bunch who are currently in the US. It honestly feels like ages since I last physically saw her (skyping doesn't really count) but if I think about it, it's really only been 4 months? I guess it just feels overtly long because we're so used to bothering each other from back when we lived literally 10 seconds away from each other at our student dorm during our first year and a half in college. Anyways, to make up for the week in Germany, I've been trying to get at least some of my studying done, which I don't know if I can really call successful? There is a sh*t ton of materiel that just seems to flood out the moment I think I comprehend it but I can't stay on the same materiel forever because there's still so much more to study. It's really frustrating and has caused me to finish two 750g jars of Nutella knock-offs (THEY. ARE. HUGE.) in one week - I am honestly worried that I am going to have diabetes by the end of the year.


I am currently staring at my open bag waiting for me to start packing for Germany, which has so far been unsuccessful. I'm a last minute kind of packer if you know what I mean. I have to half blame Zoella and Tanya Burr for putting up Vlogmas videos which are too engaging for me to start doing things that I actually need to get done. I made a list a couple days ago and have checked off one. SMH

So I guess this is an only-English post.
Will post again!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

アップするの忘れてたちょっと前の

今日は用事でOpéraの方に行ってきました。いつもならちょっと早く出て、散歩しながら行こうかなとも思うのですが、今日はたまたま大雨。傘の上手な使い方をいまいち理解していないというか下手なわたしは、正直さしていてあまり意味がなかった様な気がします。笑 さすがに歩くのはちょっと大変だなと思ったので、今回はメトロⓂ️を使うことにしました。 帰りにも少しだけ入ったGalerie Lafayetteを一周してきました。高級ブランドがたくさんあり、さすがに買い物はできませんでしたが、見ているだけでも楽しい空間でした。靴のコーナーを撮り忘れてしまったことがちょっと悔しいです。ちょっと変わった形や色のものからクラシックな形のものまでたくさんあって、モール全体をわたしのウォークインクローゼットにしたいくらいでした。



前回入れなかったユニクロ。 ちょ〜オシャレでした。 お店のレイアウト、ディスプレー全てがなんだか高級感たっぷりでした。 値段も日本より少し高め?のような気もしました。


じゃまた。

Exploring Paris Solo

One of the reasons why I really love Paris is that it's a great place to be for soloist like me. I prefer wandering alone at my own pace, although having company is great as well. Either way, exploring a city alone has really allowed me to get in touch with myself and make my own discoveries and meet new people. It was just one of those days when my insides were nudging me to get out and that is exactly what I did.
パリが好きな大きな理由の1つが1人でも街を楽しむことができることです。他の人と探検するのもいいですが、1人だからこそ自分のペースでじっくり楽しめたり、美術家で面白いおじいちゃんと話が盛り上がったりすなど新しい出会いがあるんだな、とこの街にに来て改めて思うようになりました。
I've always wanted to brunch at Angelina and thought, why not just go? I took a trip down to Rue Rivoli and ordered the brunch best. Aaaaa the famous chocolat chaud was just as smooth and decadent as I had heard it was. It was like drinking a melted chocolate bar. (*all of my photos showed up yellow, I don't know why but please overlook it)
そんなわたしですが、ある日とりあえず外に出たいと思い、ほとんどノープランの1日を過ごしました。ずっと前からAngelinaでブランチをしたいなと思っていたので、まずはそこに行くことにし…

The Post I Forgot to Upload Last Week

I was near Opera today for a commitment and while I would usually leave a little early so that I could walk to my destination, I decided otherwise when I saw that it was pouring rain. I took the Metro for the first time in a while. I obviously brought an umbrella with me but I always question whether I need it or not since I somehow get wet anyways. I stopped by Galerie Lafayette to look around. All the high end products are not too friendly for my budget but the mall is like one big art exhibit that you can enjoy just strolling around in.







Stepped into the UNIQLO that I was too sccared to walk into last time and was in awe at how chic everything looked. There was a totally different atmosphere to the ones I am used to in Japan. I think the prices were also a tad bit higher.






Talk soon!